Sunshine Coconut Curry
Warming vegetable curry: this is a filling and hearty meal. It takes only 20 minutes to cook and you can adapt this with vegetables you like. Serve with rice or quinoa. You can also blend the mix into a lovely soup.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 300g butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 200g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 can (400g) light coconut milk
Take a large pot, add the oil and onion and sweat over a medium heat until soft and translucent (5-8mins). Add the spices and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously, until fragrant. Then add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add the prepped butternut squash, coat in the onion and spice mix; followed by coconut milk and cook until soft (12-15 mins or so). Add the cauliflower and cook for 4 mins, or so. Finally add the peas for 1-2 mins of cooking. The vegetables shouldn't be too soft, you want them to still have some bite. This quick curry is ready to serve!